What do I need for class?
- Comfortable clothing which allows you to move freely. The body can cool down during relaxation so consider having a jumper, socks and/or blanket near by
- Yoga mat
- A quiet space free from distractions
- Yoga props (blocks, strap, bolster) can be useful but are not essential. At home you can be creative – books, cushions, pillows. Please get in touch if you want more information about props.
- Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach so avoid any heavy meals for 2 hours prior to class
Tips for making the most of online classes
- Sign up and download a free Zoom account. Zoom joining instructions will be emailed to you after booking. Try testing Zoom in advance so you don’t encounter any technical issues.
- Set yourself a reminder in advance of class
- Try and find yourself a quiet space away from distractions. Remember the joy of yoga is that it can be practiced almost anywhere!
- Aim to join 5 minutes before class starts so I can say hello and you can settle into your space before class begins
- If you are comfortable, keep your camera on, I find this helps to build a sense of community and keeps us connected
- Where space allows, set your camera so that I can see you on the mat. This will allow me to give feedback so you can get the most out of your practice.
- If it appeals and is safe in your environment, light some incense, diffuse some oils or light a candle to help create a relaxed atmosphere